Action Status API takes forever to return results

Does anyone know why running https://tambigfix001.ss.com:52311/api/action/380944/status takes literally 3 minutes and 6 seconds to return results. This is not that big of an action, it’s only 12 computers. This seems excessive to me, am I wrong?

Does anyone have a relevance query that would return the same results so I can compare?

Thanks!
Tony

Does it take 3 minutes to get a response back from the server, or is it taking 3 minutes before those responses have results to show?

I think there’s another very similar thread on this from the last few days. If you’re running this immediately after creating the action, well there are going to be some delays before the endpoints actually execute the action and report status back up. Should be the same as the delay you’d see running the console.

I actually have it looping and looking for all the machine to be complete and every time it runs it takes the same amount of time. I even loaded the URL in the browser and timed it and the data starts trickling in immediately but takes a long time to complete.

Ok then I think that’s expected behavior. It takes time for an action to propagate down to the client, time for the client to run the action, and time for results to be reported back up through the relay hierarchy.

The Bigfix server, relay, and client aren’t designed for “real-time” operation. The intention is to reduce load on your endpoints, relays, and network. The client has processor throttling in place to keep the client workload low, and the Relays aggregate client reports into batches to reduce the network load.

We can probably offer client, relay, and database parameters that would get you faster reports, but it could come at the expensive of impacting your client workloads and network performance as well as your server/console performance.