Action Script

(imported topic written by deniskil)

Hello!

I’m kind of new in BigFix & scripting.

As is understood, there’2 to general things :

1. Relevence

2. Action script

All I try to do, is run on my test station that connected to BigFix Console, i want to know how much space left on that station.

I’m going to Edit -> Custom Action - I choose that station, and add this relevence :

(
(
(
total space of drive of system folder
)
/
(
1024 * 1024 * 1024
)
)
-
(
(
free space of drive of system folder
)
/
(
1024 * 1024 * 1024
)
)
)
as string & " GB"

After that i try to start this action, and station return me “not relevant”

why?

is there some extra ACTION SCRIPT need to be runned? how can i get to my goal?

thanks, Den.

(imported comment written by deniskil)

when i insert this sctipt to action script tab, there parsing error.

so how can i make this all work? i need a relevence + action script to get this relevence to work?

where can i see full list of action commands?

(imported comment written by amelgares)

It looks like you need to review and understand the higher level concepts around fixlets, relevance, and action script. The documentation for this is at:

IBM Endpoint Manager v9.0 Information Center

I suggest reading:

Console Operator’s Guide

Relevance Language Guide

Action Guide

(imported comment written by deniskil)

yes, of course i will read,

but i cant see how relevance connected with action script/…

can you give me example for my cause, so i can understand what ive been missing?

(imported comment written by amelgares)

Your relevance is fine. You just need to put it in curly braces if it’s in the action script section of your custom action. The problem is that this isn’t going to do anything. Putting relevance in a custom action will evaluate, but it does not return the value of the relevance expression.

If you want computers to report back the used disk space, what you want to do is create an analysis. An analysis returns properties based on relevance statements you define. Create a new analysis. Create a custom property in the analysis with your relevance statement. Make the analysis apply to all computers. Activate the analysis and it will run on the computers and return the values of the properties.