Action returns 'not relevant' despite it is in applicable computer list

There are some servers which comes in an applicable computer list on a BigFix FixLet, but when I apply that FixLet on the same servers it returned as ‘Not Relevant’ as in the action status. I have also checked the site details of both server & fixlet belongs from same site. connectivity is also OK with that server, blank action is also getting completed on same server. What would be the possible reason of this issue ? Can someone help on this:

This kind of problem could have several causes, since you have already validated device subscription, so here’s what I would advise doing:

• Hopping, it’s not a custom Fixlet. If it is, try verifying its applicability locally on that device; there may be a problem.

• In case BESClient isn’t updating the applicability status, try sending a force refresh; this should fix the problem. Note: If you find yourself needing it frequently, look into the issue instead of sending it to multiple devices as this can lead to performance issues.

• Remove the BESClient __BESData folder; I’ve found that frequently, resetting BESClient’s gather state resolves the issue.

• If BESClient is not receiving enough time to evaluate the content, you can investigate the cause of the evaluation delay by turning on debug logging and usage profiler. You can look at below two settings and adjust the timing to give BESClient more time to work before intermittently falling asleep.

https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/platform/Platform/Config/r_client_set.html
_BESClient_Resource_WorkNormal
_BESClient_Resource_SleepNormal

• MO content is given priority, and in rare instances, I’ve also observed that BESClient discards NMO actions and begins processing MO content whenever priority content is received. I can’t seem to remember the setting that was there for that.

• If someone has further information beyond these, either raise the case with HCL for in-depth analysis or wait for a response from another person.

1 Like

Ok, I will check these steps. Thanks for reply !

Might be too low-key but if you are running an action against machines that are with timezone too far ahead and your default “end time” is already past it, it would behave exactly like that. So check the end times and compare it to the local time on the boxes (extend it further if you have to).

1 Like

Check the servers don’t have automatic updates enabled and nobody has installed the updates via BigFix or other tool before you.

1 Like

This situation is not the right case in my environment.

1 Like

This situation is not the right case in my environment. There is no any automatic updates enabled here.

This is odd. Can you give more details?

Is this a custom fixlet? or a fixlet in an external site?

What site is it in? What is the relevance? How are you targeting the action to the computer?