Action Regenerator

(imported topic written by nberger91)

Is there an Action Regenrator for TEM v 9.0.586.0 ?

(imported comment written by nberger91)

And and BES Import tool ?

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey Nick,

It appears that the our new branding of “IBM Endpoint Manager” instead of “Tivoli Endpoint Manager” instead of “BigFix”, broke the API version check for the actionregenerator, which causes it to quit early… I will try to get this fixed, but in the meantime, if you just add this reg key, it should work:

“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BigFix Enterprise Suite API” “DisplayVersion” = “9.0.586.0”

Important Note!! you will want to delete this once we fix this problem (otherwise you probably will hit an issue the next time you upgrade the APIs).

Let me know if that works…

Ben

Does anyone have the ActionRegenerator working on v9 ?

I need to deploy fixlets from the enterprise security site using the action default and targeting single machines, and the actioregenerator tool worked perfectly on v8.

Now I get error -
The BES Client installation key could not be found. The BES Client is not installed at all or not installed properly.

The client isinstalled, working correclty and I have tried downgrading/upgrading etc … nothing works.

Is there a simple way to do this using the BESImport tool, or can someone shed some light on how to fix the ActionRegen in v9

Thanks !

Got RestAPI working for this task however I now seem to have numurous automation scripts called by the various RestAPI, BESImport, and ActionRegenerator tools … maybe time for a clean-up :slight_smile: