Action "Offer" is hidden in BES UI

Hello,

We have a custom action that is an "Offer’. It’s the only offer-based action we have. It works on over 99% of the endpoints it’s relevant on. However, we’ve had several instances where the action is in a “Pending Offer Acceptance” for the endpoint, but it’s not listed in the BES UI. All devices are WinOS ranging from Windows 7 to Win10. The affected clients also do not share any common hardware models.

If you manually open the BES UI, and tick the “Show Hidden Actions” it appears. The action can then be taken, and the next time the endpoint is relevant it appears normally (not hidden).

Has anyone experienced this before, or maybe has an understanding of why the BES client UI would do this?

I greatly appreciate any advice you may have.

Thank you

This is definitely strange.

It could be the user hid something previously that is somehow causing a new action much later on to end up being hidden at first when it shouldn’t be.

The other possibility is that a user of the machine hid the action. It is probably the case that if any user hides it, then it is hidden for all users.

1 Like

Hey JGstew,

Thanks for the reply. This is the only action that’s offered, and the option for the user to hide it isn’t present. On most of these it’s often the first time they’ve even heard of the BES UI, so they haven’t had any interaction with the action previously.

Any other ideas? I’m getting ready to call IBM, but I figured I’d ask the user forum first.

1 Like

Filing a PMR is probably a good idea, but it is definitely useful to post about it here first.

Keep the forum post updated as the investigation continues.