Acelerating Multiple Instalations of the BigFix server

Hello Guys, is it possible to create an image of a recently installed server to accelerate the installation process.
I will have to install a server in multiple clients, using an image or a script would save a lot of time.

Two things I see that might be a problem is the hostname and the IP address.

If I change the hostname in a server without deployed clients is it still a problem?
And the network configuration (IP, GATEWAY, DNS) does this kind of data goes to the master head?

Any other advice will be useful.
Thanks

You mean cloning a Root Server Instance?

I don’t expect that would work. The masthead file is a certificate and has a matching private key. The certificate is signed by bigfix.com and is used for both licensing and security of your deployment. The masthead should never be shared among deployments.

I thought i could use an image and update de masthead before deploying the agents, and the license i could correct via console or something.

Cloning won’t work for the reasons @JasonWalker said, but you probably could minimize a lof of the manual steps by scripting it. You could always just get far enough with your BF install (a lot of that could be scripted too) to create a rest api user, and automate all the rest using the rest api.

i’ll read more about the rest api, thanks a lot guys.