Access Mac /users/username

been struggling to get this to work, I think the syntax is off a bit? maybe maybe needs some “”? or ()'s

if not exists file "/Users/{name of logged on user}/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Background/Uploads/AdobeStockxxx.jpg"
copy “__Download/AdobeStockxxx.jpg” "/Users/{name of logged on user}/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Background/Uploads/AdobeStockxxx.jpg"
endif

thank you

You need to treat the strings as separate items and join with &

"/Users/" & {name of logged on user} & "/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Background/Uploads/AdobeStockxxx.jpg"

1 Like

To add a bit, your ‘if’ statement needs a relevance substitution so that it would return a true/false answer. Combine that with the @amelgares advice on building the string concatenation

if {not exists file "/Users/" & name of logged on user & "/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Background/Uploads/AdobeStockxxx.jpg"}

copy "__Download/AdobeStockxxx.jpg" "/Users/{name of logged on user}/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Background/Uploads/AdobeStockxxx.jpg"

endif
1 Like

thank you for the suggestions, but unfortunately they did not work.
it seems like it must be something simple?

here is a slightly different example trying to create folders, same issue.

tried this

if {not exists folder “/Users/ & {name of logged on user} & /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams”}
folder create “/Users/ & {name of logged on user} & /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams”
folder create “/Users/ & {name of logged on user} & /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Background”
folder create “/Users/ & {name of logged on user} & /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Background/Uploads”
endif

and this

if {not exists folder “/Users/{name of logged on user}/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams”}
folder create “/Users/{name of logged on user}/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams”
folder create “/Users/{name of logged on user}/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Background”
folder create “/Users/{name of logged on user}/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Background/Uploads”
endif

also I I noticed in edit mode, that this text in the if statement, is black, I think it should be orange?
/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams

also this part of the if statement text, is in pink, I think it should be orange?
/Users

The script looks ok to me, but it would have the limitation that there must be one (and only one) logged on user when it executes. Is that the case?