A quick question on auto baseline creation

Quick Q… Is there any way to sort the results? I’m trying to add a task as the last item of the baseline. I can easily get the task added but it is showing up first. I know with normal relevance I can use “unique values of” but that doesn’t seem to help me here.

Any tips?

• Are you trying to add just 1 task to the end of a baseline?
  • Is it the same task every time?
  • Is it a task you are generating from scratch?

If it is just a single task you need to add at the end, then you should just use code to generate all the other baseline components, then append the task that must be at the end after that.

You can’t easily sort session relevance results other than with unique values, which might actually be possible if you turned it all to tuple strings and then sorted, but I’m not sure that is a good idea.

What are you using to create the baselines? Are you using my tasks that use cURL or are you using some programming language like Python or Powershell or …?

This is what i’m trying to do. I’m trying to use cURL based off your automation.I’m trying to add the same task to every baseline I’m creating this way. The task won’t change, so It’s easy to select by something like bes fixlets whose (id of it = xxxxxx)

You could just do a separate query for the task you want to add at the end, then just put it after {node value of xpath "/BESAPI/Query/Result/Answer/text()" of xml document of file "BaselineComponents.xml"

I’m hoping to publish a lot more baseline automation stuff in the future.

I have full autopatching working for individual software titles like firefox, skype, etc…

Ty! this helped. Actually, I figured why not just add to the XML itself since it’s static. Just stole the XML from the task and all is well. ty!

1 Like

That is a very good point. I should have thought of that!

This is part of what I like about doing it based upon a template is then you can just include things in the template for a particular use and just create multiple templates if needed.

Hi There,

This is my URL: https://servername:52311/api/actions
I used the same xml template replacing fixlet id, computer name and site name

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> CustomSiteName 869 Action1 computername 1000

but when invoking it returns the following error.
Invoke-RestMethod : Specified source object does not exist.

How to proceed further