A Couple More OSD questions

Can you create working deployment Media that:
-you to be able to install applications during offline deployment

• you are able to call offline scripts (ie: to join Domain while offline)
  • you are able to Encrypt with Bitlocker While Offline
    Bonus - need to be able to capture user data while offline, install OS and applications and then put data back.

Also, can you Name. Per the documentation, you can use [SN] on the hostname section.
However, we a prefix per location and a prefix per equipment type.
I tried modifying the profile manually by adding:

[Settings]
Priority=Default
Properties=OSDPREFIX

[VMType]
Subsection=VM-%IsVM%

[VM-True]
TypeCode=VM

[LaptopType]
Subsection=Laptop-%IsLaptop%

[Laptop-True]
TypeCode=L

[DesktopType]
Subsection=Desktop-%IsDesktop%

[Desktop-True]
TypeCode=D

[DefaultGateway]
10.80.52.1=Chocolate
10.80.53.1=Almod

[Chocolate]
OSDComputerName=CGLD-%TypeCode%-%SERIALNUMBER% 
MachineObjectOU=OU=%OUType%,OU=Computers,OU=Chocolate,OU=Chip,DC=Cookie,DC=com

[Almod]
OSDComputerName=CGLV-%TypeCode%-%SERIALNUMBER% 
MachineObjectOU=OU=%OUType%,OU=Computers,OU=Almod,OU=Chip,DC=Cookie,DC=com

Hello,
about your questions:

Can you create working deployment Media that:
-you to be able to install applications during offline deployment

-> OSd does not install applications, you can install them on a reference computer, capture it and then use the captured image for your bare metal profile or alternatively leverage on software distribution for software install after OSd install is completed.

you are able to call offline scripts (ie: to join Domain while offline)
-> for offline I think you mean the offline deployment, not that the computer is offline. In that case you can set the join domain in your bare metal profile wizard and then put that profile in the offline media

you are able to Encrypt with Bitlocker While Offline
-> you can set the needed parameters in the manual tab of your profile. It must be done after filling the wizard because, after editing the manual tab, you cannot modifiy anymore the wizard unless you undo your changes. For example:
[Default]
BDEInstallSuppress=NO
BDEInstall=TPM
BDEWaitForEncryption=False
SkipBitLocker=YES

Bonus - need to be able to capture user data while offline, install OS and applications and then put data back. -> you can leverage on “Reimage deployment” using the data migration in the wizard

Thanks.

Hi Sergio, I think that if I’m not able to deploy additional media while offline. I dont think BigFix would let me execute a script then.

Sergio thank you for taking the time to respond my questions, they have been of great help.
By any chance would you happen to know about the laptop naming convention as well as same as per site.