7 ZIP Update relevance required

Im looking for separate fixlet to update existing version of 7 ZIP both x86 and x64 to newer version 19. Could you please help

Do you have experience with uninstall relevances? The display version should give you the old one.

Take a look at the fixlets for another application, such as Notepad++, then see if the detection logic can be used and modified for 7-Zip. 7-Zip seems to register itself as “7zFM.exe” so with a change of the regapp name and registry location, you can probably adapt the detection from the Notepad++ fixlets to meet your requirements.

I did this not too long ago. I created 2 tasks, one for 32-bit computers and one for 64-bit. The relevance for detecting the 7-Zip version was the same on both:

exists key whose ((value "DisplayName" of it as string as lowercase contains "7-zip") AND (it < "19.00" as version) of (value "DisplayVersion" of it as string as version)) of key "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of native registry

The installation/upgrade command is:
wait __Download\7z1900-x64.exe /S /D=“C:\Program Files\7-Zip”

The above is good… Many ways to do it… I went with
(exists regapp “7zFM.exe” and (version of regapp “7zFM.exe” as version < “19”))

and used the msi installer instead to make sure I have more control to suppress reboot and make it quiet

wait Msiexec.exe /i “__Download\7z1900-x64.msi” /qn /norestart

In the action you can do if {X64 of operating system} -> do the above, if not true, do the 32 bit, in the same task. One task is easier…

The OS may be 64 bit but that doesn’t guarantee the application is 64 bit :wink: