11.0.7 - BigFix Server updated but the WebReports database is "too old"

*** I do have a ticket open with support. The BigFix support agent is being very diligent and pretty much finding all the same articles I’ve already reviewed and tried. I’m wondering if anyone else has had this issue and come through it.

At the end of the Server upgrade (from 11.0.6 to 11.0.7), I got an ODBC error. I fixed the ODBC settings and BES Server seemed fine. (Note: I did have a short issue with logon (saml) but that was due to the WebUI not being available (yet). Once WebUI was good, my saml logon issues were resolved.) I moved on with the installation and updated the admin consoles, relays, and a test group of clients. I logged into WebUI and testing there was fine. When I attempted to test WebReports, I was greeted with a page that simply said: “The BesReporting database is too old to use with this version of WebReports. Please upgrade your BESReporting database or configure the LocalBESReportingServer DSN to a valid database”. I verified the ODBC connections to the BESReporting database (even tried swapping from ODBC 17 to ODBC 18 and then back to 17).

The support docs I have found say to run the BES server installer but since the server installation finished, executing “setup.exe” for server just asks if I am sure I want to remove BigFix. If I didn’t have so many custom reports, fixlets, and tasks between both server and webreports, I would consider removing and re-adding! I even found a 7 year old document saying to use InitializeBESReportsDB.exe, but that doesn’t exist (deprecated since version 10.0.2).

Are there any magical minds out there?

Continue to work with support - there is an easy fix to force schema update of BESReporting db outside of rerunning the upgrade via BESAdmin tool (equivalent to what InitializeBESReportsDB.exe used to do) and I used use it frequently in the past because we have multiple WR servers and respectively multiple BESReporting dbs where sometimes were left unupgraded. However, a few years ago, it was “hidden” (removed from documentation) and when I enquired as to “why” I was told - “Too risky for anybody to just do it, so we will offer it as part of support troubleshooting if required”. So keep working with the support person, once they are sure that this is what needs to be done they can give you the besadmin command to upgrade the reporting schema and it should solve your problem.

/sigh .. well at least there may be light somewhere ..

Thank you!