Windows XPe (embedded) CPM compliant

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

Hello,

I understand that the current deployment tasks and relevance for CPM for XP Embedded is not compliant. However, can it be confirmed that the current CPM officescan release is not compliant with XPe fully? If we created custom copies of the deployment tasks without relevance - would the agent still function? We have several dozen XPe systems that we need to provide desktop AV on. We are going to go through the test of installing - however, would be great to know if BigFix/Trend actually supports the scanner on XPe.

Thanks so much!

Mike

(imported comment written by naveedm)

Hey Mike,

It’s not something we’ve tested internally, but I believe we had a customer try it out earlier this year. Let me check with the customer to see what they found and get back to you.

Also, you’re right that Trend CPM isn’t supported on XPe, but I’ll check with Trend to see if it’s on their roadmap.

Naveed

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Thanks Naveed,

I will also let you know if we get to testing on the XPe platform before we have confirmation from Trend and/or the customer you are trying to contact. Thanks!

Mike

(imported comment written by naveedm)

Hey Mike,

Just got off the phone with the customer I mentioned.

They have been able to get CPM clients on their WEPOS systems and haven’t run into any issues with the client on the systems themselves. However, they’ve had to create custom copies of the Fixlets/Tasks so that these systems return relevant to the CPM content. Specifically, they modified the OS relevance to “starts with XP” rather than XP proper, because the BigFix agent returns the OS on WEPOS systems as XPe.

Based on this customer account, it sounds like out of the box dashboards and general BigFix content won’t be relevant in the POS environment, but the CPM clients themselves could provide the protection you need on POS systems if you create and deploy using custom copies of the content.

I’m going to provide this information to Trend and find out what it would take (time line) to get CPM supported on POS systems.

Hope this helps,

Naveed

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Thanks so much for the info. That’s really all we are looking for - is that CPM will actually protect the system it is loaded on. Understandable that we might have to setup custom content to get it working and reporting - but more concerned on providing the protection. Thanks!

Mike