Windows Hijacking The D Drive on Lenovo T470

I have two lenovo models the X1 Yoga and the T470 that I am PXE booting and deploying windows 10. The Drive does get successfully partitioned and the OS does apply. The problem I am encountering is when the ADMIN account does it’s first logon and the MDT bundles continues with it steps - on the T470 only it will fail because it’s trying to use the D drive which Windows is hijacking and saying is being used by removable media… except that it’s not. There is no other media in the computer. I do not have this problem on the X1 Yoga with the same deployment.

The D drive seems to be randomly picked by the MDT bundle as I am not assigning it and then Windows Hijacks it for this mysterious drive.

Any solution?

Someone please? I can’t image my T470’s until I can figure out how to tell bigfix to not use the D: drive.

So can you share more detail on the deployment? Are you creating two partitions?

Id like to add that we are having the same issue building T470 laptops with windows 7x64 we use the default partitioning in the osd tool. This appears to be a issue with this model of laptops. I’m confident of this as we also build t460 450 440’s with no issues in regards to card reader.

I would also mention that the card reader in our T470 range is the alcor model and not the realtek one. It would be good to have some feed back from IBM as this seams to be a general issue that needs resolving.

Hello, I suggest that you open a support case for this.

Hi Raising a pmr today and will report back with my findings