Windows 7 clients do not appear under applicable computers in any task

(imported topic written by gracie201191)

We have this issue when our Windows 7 machines don’t appear on the applicable computers, example: using the “Power Off computers” task. There is no problem scanning and uploading data to DSS SAM. Windows Firewall is disabled. Is there anything that I need to check? Our BES client version is 7.2.5.22.

(imported comment written by MattBoyd)

Hey gracie,

You might want to verify that the Windows 7 machines are subscribed to the site that contains the “Power Off computers” task, or any other site where tasks are not showing as applicable when they should. There’s a property called “Subscribed Sites” in each computer’s details/summary page that lists the sites that it is subscribed to.

(imported comment written by gracie201191)

Thanks Boyd, I checked the Site Properties for BES Power Management and verified that “Subscribe all clients to this site” selected. Is there anything else that I need to check?

(imported comment written by jeremylam)

If you are referring to the “Power Off Computers” task in the “BES Power Management” site, that site is deprecated. But you can make a copy of the existing task and remove the following relevance:

name of operating system != “Win7”

but I highly recommend that you contact licensing to switch to the new version (the site name is just “Power Management”). It has a lot of new features, and not just Windows 7 support. More information is available at:

http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?pid=23421

(imported comment written by gracie201191)

Thank you. Creating a custom task and changing the applicability to Windows 7 works. You are right, we need to switch to a new version for the full Windows 7 support. Thanks again Boyd and Jeremy!