Win10 upgrades to 1709 FCU fail

Hi Steve,
A customer is upgrading version 1703 to 1709 (using fixlet), but keeps failing (have tried on 2 different machines, both failed), the client version is 9.5.6 .
Does it mean the customer has to upgrade client to 9.5.7.94 before they can upgrade Windows 10 to version 1709 from 1703?

Have you looked at the posts here and here?

I have a 1703 with 9.5.7.94 and it also failed to upgrade to 1709. The very short version of the story is that the upgrades to 1703 were near 100% successful. Upgrading to 1709 is almost 100% failure. Note that running the 1709 manually using the same command as in the fixlet is always successful.

It would be interesting to learn if anyone from IBM performed an upgrade from 1703 to 1709 successfully.

Yes, I do. That’s why I want to hear an official answer from IBM Bigfix whether upgrading client to 9.5.7.94 is a must before upgrading Windows 10 to version 1709 from 1703, and whether that is the cause of the failure in upgrade.

I believe you need OS Deployment and Bare-metal at version 77 and they have not released it yet. if I remember?

Yes, upgrading to 9.5.7.94 is needed before moving to Win10 1709 to avoid multiple known issues, however, I don’t know that it is the cause of your upgrade failures. The other posts Alexa mentioned describe failures occurring even at that level.

We are aware of problems occurring during 1709 upgrade via fixlet, and are investigating, but have not identified a single pervasive issue. As the other posts suggest, some upgrades are successful, and there are different causes when failures occur. Alexa, your issue is obviously pervasive in your environment, so hopefully you have opened a PMR and are working with our teams to identify root cause.