Win 10 exclusion computer group

Hi,

I have created a computer group and included OS does not contain win 8.6.2* but after this it is still showing win 10 systems.

Please help me with this

Windows 10 is version 10.x.x.x though I believe beta version of Win10 was version 8.x. You could also try using the name of operating of version major, as is the way with Bigfix there are typically several ways to achieve the desired result. Also check your clients are of the minimum version that is required for Win10 support.

Q: version of operating system
A: 10.0.17134.407
T: 0.043 ms
I: singular version

Q: major version of operating system
A: 10
T: 0.042 ms
I: singular integer

Q: name of operating system = "Win10"
A: True
T: 0.062 ms
I: singular boolean

thanks, but again how to exclude 8.6.x.x, if computer group is not evaluating the OS does not contain 8.6.x.x

What is the relevance your using for the computer group?

Hi, I am not using any relevance, I am just selecting OS does not contain win 8.6.x.x

Ahh, ok so using existing properties as filters. I would have thought that as long as the partial string reported in the OS property is a match, that should do the job.

If the group contains computers that have already evaluated into the group and the group filters have since changed, those computers need to be online to re-evaluate out of the group.

1 Like

For comparison, why not create an automatic group using a relevance expression then see how that fairs compares with the OS filter? If you only have Windows OS, this is one possible approach

(major version of it != 10 and major version of it != 8) of operating system