Why Would "last command time of client" Return an Error?

Hi all …

Why would the relevance expression “last command time of client” return an error?

If a client hasn’t received a UDP signal in a long time, wouldn’t this value be the last time it received a signal?

Reason I’m asking: I have this relevance expression in an analysis and saw “< error >” in the results list, which surprised me.

–Mark

Until the client receives its first UDP message, this will always return a “NoSuchObject”

So at least one message must come in after the client starts up

1 Like

As Alan mentions – this is the last UDP message received since client startup.

We have a lot of dual boot computers (Windows and Mac OS) and we boot back and forth pretty constantly. Until something occurs that fires off a udp ping (a new action for instance) after the computer boots up, it will show error.

For this reason, computers that reboot constantly will show error more often than not.

Makes sense, guys. Thanks! --Mark

I didn’t realize last command time of client didn’t persist across reboots. It would be nice to have a version that did persist across reboots.

Here is some relevance I created recently to use last command time of client but if that doesn’t work, then fall back to looking in the client logs: https://bigfix.me/relevance/details/3017512

exist last command time of client | exists lines containing " command received" of files whose(12 = length of name of it AND (name of it ends with ".log" OR name of it ends with ".bkg") AND exists lines of it) of folders "Logs" of folders "__Global" of data folders of client
3 Likes