When deploying "relevant" fixlets, they show "not relevant"

When deploying “relevant” fixlets, they show “not relevant”.

Seems to be worse this month with Microsoft patches, anyone else experiencing this? What could I do to resolved.

the are the Microsoft fixlets that come from bigfix, nothing custom.

I stopped the besclient and deleted the besdata folder, that didn’t help. Fixlets still show relevant, but when deploying to the machine they all come back not relevant.

thoughts?

Could your clients have gotten out of sync with the DB? If someone deleted something on the endpoint then it can lose track of what it was doing. You could force a refresh to one or two to test but its not something you should do to a lot of machines at once.

Here is what I got for you…
One other suggestion is to delete the folder C:\Users<userid>\AppData\Local\BigFix\Enterprise Console<server name> then start up the console. I have seen in rare occasions that the local cache gets corrupted and the Clear Cache does not fix it.

Next I would look at the bes client log file when you deploy the fixlet and see what it says.

I guess the other question is, does it need to be applied or not when you manually try it?

Regards,
Manish Singh

Also, are you sending these as single actions, or including them in a baseline? I’ve seen occasions where one fixlet in a baseline that evaluates with an error result makes the baseline as a whole non-relevant.