What are these plugins & services

Hi,

Can anyone please guide me what are these plugin & services, and what they do ?

BESGatherMirror Plugin
BESGatherMirrorNew Plugin
BESMirrorRequest Plugin
GatherDB Service
Mirror gather Service

1 Like

Please anyone, help me to understand it.

What OS is your BES environment built upon?

The GatherDB service is responsible for populating data from the BigFix Sync queries your environment makes into the BFENT database.

I’m not familiar with the mirror plugins and service you listed.

1 Like

These are services and internal components of the BigFix Server. They are all related to downloading and hosting site content and packages. If they are not functioning, then your BigFix Server will not function properly. Why are you asking?

@cmcannady, we have windows OS.

@steve, thanks for your response & I know that these are the internal component but dont know what exactly they do, I saw them in BIGFIX diagnostic test but dont what are these thats why to gain knowledge about them asked here.

The BESGatherMirror and BESGatherMirrorNew plugins of the Root Server service allow it to host sites for Relays and Clients.

The BESMirrorRequest plugin of the Root Server service is associated with hosting downloads of actions.

The GatherDB service is responsible for inserting site content into BigFix database, which then makes it available for Console, WebUI, and WebReports.

You can somewhat interact with these plugins/services via the server’s diagnostic page: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS63NW_9.2.0/com.ibm.tivoli.tem.doc_9.2/Platform/Adm/c_relay_diagnostics.html

2 Likes