Weekly Reboot of Computers - Sunday between 02:00AM to 03:00AM

Hi

I’ve created the following Task:

Relevance Statement:
((hour_of_day of it >= 2 AND hour_of_day of it < 3) AND (minute_of_hour of it >= 0 AND minute_of_hour of it <= 59)) of time of current time_of_day AND current day_of_week = Sunday

ActionScript:
dos shutdown /R /F /T 0

I’ve took action on dynamic group of computers - as followed:
Execution:
This action will never expire
It will run at any time of day, on any day of the week.
If the action becomes relevant after it has successfully executed, the action will be reapplied as a policy an unlimited number of times.
If the action fails, it will be retried up to 3 times, waiting 1 hour between attempts.
Success Criteria:
This action will be considered successful when it runs to completion.

Some of the computers are being restarted on Sunday between the times that are mentioned and some of them are not
While reviewing the Client side - I can see that Action FXF file itself is showing on the actionsite folder but when I’m checking the Client Log File between those hours - There is no indication of Evaluation of that content.

Can someone please provide me a sample that they are using for achieving the requested goal

It could be that your systems’ Evaluation Loops are taking more than an hour to complete, in which case this action may not have evaluated during that time. Some of the steps at Tip: Troubleshooting Client Reponsiveness may be helpful.

Usually to implement a scheduled reboot like this, I’d suggest using a task that’s always relevant, and in the Take Action dialog use the day/time/reapply constraints to configure the day & time to reboot

An Action configured this way - that is Applicable, but Constrained until the day/time arrives - evaluates at a higher priority than other Actions that have already evaluated as “Not Relevant”, and are much less likely to suffer side-effects from a long client evaluation loop.

1 Like