WebUI - business use case (non-technical presentation)

Hello, I need content for a presentation that highlights the benefits and justification for WebUI. The target audience includes technical people not experienced with BigFix and several mid-to-upper management folks. I need general information that needs to be higher level than content found in the usual technical guides (admin, user, install, capacity planning, etc…). What I can’t answer is the “why”… why do we want or need the WebUI? What business needs is it addressing? How is better and different than the windows console?

Does anyone know of any such documentation?

Thanks Rick for this post. I will be more than happy to help. Can you send me an email (amaneka@us.ibm.com) and I will forward you 2-3 slides that answers the question “Why”.

1 Like

The WebUI is very valuable in our environment. It allows global Helpdesk folks an easy way to deploy applications. We created a training document which includes real company scenarios that they can easily view (short soundless videos that show the process). If it wasn’t for the WebUI, we would have to use the thick client via Citrix XenApp, which would be a major pain overall.

We need the WebUI big time and I hope the BigFix team pursues its continued use and improvement (if I have your ear, make installing an https cert easier!).

Which is why it is a little troublesome to me that a general “work around” response to my two open PMRs, 44076,227,000 and 21217,227,000, was to “don’t use it”. Can’t say I cared for the mindset that the WebUI was just a nicety to play around with but that it wasn’t all that critical to my environment.

To end positively, we love the WebUI.

1 Like