Webinar: November 13th, 1PM EDT - BigFix: November Microsoft Patch Content Review

Hi Everyone! Please join us tomorrow November 13th at 1PM EDT for our November Microsoft Patch Content Review. The Mike Stone and Adam Linder along with Joe Saylor from BigFix AVP will not only review this month’s Microsoft Patch release, but also their very own best practices for deployment.

Register here! https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2801273455459222797

2 Likes

Just saw this a few minutes after the start. Is there an e-mail distribution list for these webinars? I’m sure there are others in my company who would have benefited from this.

1 Like

We are working on a better process.

1 Like

Perhaps the BESAdmin-Announcements email distribution channel would be a good choice. Many of us are already subscribed to it.

1 Like

We can’t use the BESAdmin Announcements as the vast majority of subscribers signed up under the impression that all they would receive were BigFix content and platform release notifications. Even prior to GDPR we were sensitive to ensuring that the list remained used only for that purpose. GDPR cemented that.

We’ll do a better job in the the meantime of getting these socialized here on the forum, slack and linkedin further in advance.

Thanks Dan, that does make sense. Couldn’t HCL set up a new mailing list just for general non-admin type announcements on the bigmail server? I do like the idea of getting a notification in my inbox.

1 Like

This webinar is the latest to plug use of slack without including a link we can use to join. The only link I can find in the forum Search has expired.

This is the link I used:

https://bigfix.slack.com/join/shared_invite/enQtNzAyMDYxMzgwNDM5LWE0NDE4OTY0ZWIyNmVkYWY3M2E4OWEzNDMxMWY3MWU5NWY1Mzc1YmIwMGFjNzNmYjdlOTM0MTQwNzU4NTRhYjM

1 Like

Thanks. Link worked.

I’m finding the Slack to be much less useful as more people join (no offense, but it’s a free-plan Slack with limited storage so messages roll off quickly). I think the Forum should be used for most of what’s in Slack now.

4 Likes

I see exactly what you mean.
I’m a one person organisation and not had a client that used it, so have never used slack before.
I was interested because the level of relevance traffic in here seems to have declined and I put two and two together and got the wrong answer.
Having looked in the slack channel I’m not sure I’ll spend much time in there.

We are looking at all options and I agree that it would be nice to opt in for notifications like that.

1 Like