Web Reports - Migrate to new Root Server

Hi Jason!, I’ve a similar issue as yours, but with some differences. I’ve installed a new Bigfix Infra, and somehow web reports are not working. I’ve enabled the logs and I figured WR is trying to reach the old server (I really don’t know how this is happening).
Do you know where can I change the path in order to make WR point to the new server?

Logs: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 08:20:48 -0500 – 4360 – Connecting to datasource: OLD_SERVER_01
Fri, 26 Jun 2020 08:20:48 -0500 – 4360 – Entering GET data/database-version
Fri, 26 Jun 2020 08:20:48 -0500 – 4360 – Retrying RequestServerData (GET https://XX.XX.XX.XX:52311/data/database-version): HTTP Error 60: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK: SSL certificate verification failed
Fri, 26 Jun 2020 08:20:48 -0500 – 4360 – Exiting GET data/database-version (21 ms)
Fri, 26 Jun 2020 08:20:48 -0500 – 4360 – Error attempting to connect to datasource ‘OLD_SERVER_01’. Next attempt: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 08:21:18 -0500: HTTP Error 60: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK: SSL certificate verification failed
Fri, 26 Jun 2020 08:21:03 -0500 – 4360 – select Name, Token, ServerURL, IsDisabled, ReverseToken from DATA_SOURCES

Hi, Nick. I think this isn’t so much related to the original topic so I’ve split it off.

If you’ve built a new Root Server but want to use the existing Web Reports server to gather it instead of from the original deployment, open the Web Reports interface, select the Administration → DataSource Settings, add the new root server as a datasource, and remove the old one.

That’s a good solution, but my problem is that I’ve installed a new root server with web reports, and the issue is the new web reports somehow is trying to reach the old root server. I believe the problem was caused during a BesReporting database migration test we made. In some point we migrated the old root besreporting db to the new server, since it didn’t work as expected we restored the db to a previous state.
Now I’m wondering how can I correct the WR path to the correct server.

Can you get logged in to Web Reports at all? Are you trying to preserve old WR history or just get the new one working?

Regarding your solution, can you have 2 different datasources at the same time in WR? I mean, can it be replicating the data in 2 different root servers?

On the new build, If I try to open web reports it hungs at: Web Reports is starting up…
Most pages will be unavailable until Web Reports has finished loading. And if I try to launch it from BF Console I get (No Web Reports servers are aggregating this database).

Ok, that’s good. So it’s not going to finish loading if it can’t reach the server, but you should be able to get to the Adminstration - Datasource Settings pages, which is where you can fix the problem.

Fixing the Datasource should fix both problems (when you add the new Root server as a source, it updates the BFEnterprise database so the root server knows which Web Reports is in use)

Thanks Jason! I managed to fix the issue, but I still don’t have a clue what was wrong in the first place.

1 Like