Wants to get pathname of a file having this hash

I want to know the pathname of a file whose hash match the given hash
My query is
(name of it) whose ksha 256 of it contains “gshhjaghaajhghs7892288bhsiauih” ) of find files “*” of descendent folders of folder "C:/"
E: Sigular expression refers to nonexistent object
But the file is exist becuase whenwe try this query with exists then it return me true

Try changing the relevance a little bit, look at these two.

This is a dangerous operation, to read every byte from every file on the hard drive. Be sure to not use this in fixlet relevance or property evaluations; I’d recommend against what you are trying to do, but if you really must, then only run this in an Action and send the results to an output file.

3 Likes

BigFix Inventory has a great feature for finding files of a specific SHA256 as part of the BFI scans.
https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/9.5/inventory/Inventory/security/t_checksums_main.html

2 Likes

Thanks @JasonWalker i will try it

@brolly33 actually i am new on bigfix i have also seen your reply on previous topic on scaning of PC, about bigfix inventry. But didn’t found it on my environment may be due to limitation of lisence my bigfix version is 9.5.11.191 can you please explain me how to checked whether bigfix inventry is included or not.
So that i just install the requirement as mentioned in link of your prev reply, please

Thanks for your reply… I am Trying to do it by using Action script

@rizwansoc We love to help newcomers to BigFix. All of us have been newcomers in the past.
You can check to see if you have the license/entitlement to BFI by checking in your BigFix console Dashboard for License Overview.

If you are not entitled, then the ActionScript method mentioned by @JasonWalker and @Jared is probably the safest.

1 Like