Version 9.5.15 of IBM BigFix is now available! - Discussion

Hello All,

I am curious to understand why 9.5.15 is released after V_10.0 and How can we conclude which one is the latest software 9.5.15 or 10 because many people thing last release date of the software contains the latest software.
So, Can we “upgrade/downgrade” BigFix from V_10.0 to V_9.5.15?

Also which version of BigFix supports ILMT (Free version) V_9.2.19.

Regards,
Manish Singh

The same way patches continued to release for 9.2. The same way patches were released for Windows 7 when Windows 10 was released. They are parallel products that have a life span and therefore need to be maintained.

1 Like

So, if someone wants to update its bigfix from V_10.0 to 9.5.15, Is it possible ?

v9.5.15 from v10 isn’t an upgrade. Once you’ve gone to V10 you will need to maintain the environment with the v10 released. Only use 9.5.15 for environments that are 9.5.14 or earlier

Yes correct and that is also my understanding… I am on v_10.0 but upgrade fixlet for 9.5.15 is showing applicable…

1 Like

Now THAT sheds a new light on things.

Is the upgrade fixlet.relevant to your root server, or perhaps to some consoles or relays that haven’t upgraded to 10 yet?

9.5.15 should not be relevant to a system that’s already upgraded it’s components to v10, though it would be valid to keep older 9.x agents or even relays on a v10 deployment. If it’s relevant to a component that already upgraded to v10 though that’s a content bug.

It showing applicable on Root Server

All,

Seems like it was a synchronization problem because Just Now, I deployed the Fixlet and it became not relevant.

Regards,
Manish Singh

If the root server was updated to v10.0 but its agent was not updated, that would certainly make sense why the 9.5.15 fixlet would be seen as relevant. My lab v10.0 root server that has a v10.0 agent is not showing relevant for the 9.5.15 agent.