Using templates in BES 6.0.78 causes a 1 minute reboot

(imported topic written by Bjowah91)

Hi,

I use templates a lot to easy my work when pushing content to clients. Now I discovered that the templates still don’t save

the “force restart” value, but defaults to 1 minute.

Does anyone know if there is a hotfix for this? I don’t want to be impopular again amoung the developers one floor down in the building. ;-).

Regards

/Björn

(imported comment written by Bjowah91)

Sorry the version of all my components is 6.0.12.5.

/Björn

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Are you refering to actions Presets? I tried reproducing this behavior and my presets seem to save the Post-Action restart settings correctly. I set a ‘Allow postponement of up to’ to 30 minutes and a ‘Force restart/shutdown after’ to 4 minutes as a test. Saved this as a preset and applied it again to a new action and the values came back as 30 and 4.

Try creating a new preset and double check that it saves these values correctly. Let me know what you find.

(imported comment written by gage)

I have used the same preset for some time for restarts. I want to force a restart after 10 minutes. Recently this has defaulted to 1 minute on my preset and also the message has defaulted to the generic message and not my custom message. I change the options and try to save it and the next time it is back to generic message and 1 minute. I just checked a restart action I sent last night that I had changed and to my surprise (actually this is the first time I checked) the generic message is show on the summary along with a forced restart of 1 minute.

(imported comment written by Bjowah91)

It looks alright a first time you create a new preset but it falls back to 1 minute “after a while”. I have tried to find out the reason for this, but I must admit I haven’t found one.

If you search the forum I think you will find more threads with the same issue.

It looks like the Force restart/shutdown goes to 1 minute after closing and reopening the BES Console. This is obviously a major problem as it can lead to unexpected restarts. I didn’t see the message reset so if you figure out what conditions cause that please post them. I’ll follow up with when we’ll have a fix for this.

Gage, the message saving failure you are seeing should be fixed in BES Consoles above version 6.0.12, could you verify that your BES Console is below 6.0.12 and try upgrading if so?