Using Powershell With Bigfix

Hello Bigfix Community,

I have a powershell script that determines whether a computer has a certain configuration for example(lock screen timeout is set to 8 min). I have embedded the powershell script into an action script. Is the best way to determine the output from the powershell script is to make the script write the output to a text file and make another task/fixlet read that file to determine if the value matches 8 min?

I would use the task/fixlet to read that file to determine if the value matches 8 min only if you need to take action to change it.

I would recommend an Analysis to retrieve that information instead.

i know that using relevance can output that information but my company needs to use powershell scripts to determine the information.Also, Assuming the value doesn’t match 8min, is there a way to determine what the value is using some sort of analysis?

If you output the results of the powershell script to a file, you can use exists lines whose structure to pull back the information.

1 Like

Or if you want to do it in one step, run your powershell to create the log. Then do a ‘continue if’ to parse the log for it to not contain “8”. Then the machines that “fail” when you run the action are the non-compliant ones.