Using current v10 masthead with older deploy task

With the v9 to v10 migration and being aware that 2008 and 2012 (non-R2) are not supported on the v10 client, we have a need to use/copy the v9 client deploy task (Updated Windows Client - IBM BigFix version 9.5.13 Now Available!) to use the v10 masthead.

Does anyone have experience doing this?

This task (ID 4371) is still present in the BigFix Management domain in my upgraded BigFix v10 environment. The masthead doesn’t appear to be “versioned”, it is the same regardless of the version of BigFix you are running.

What do you need to accomplish?

Our v10 environment was built brand new with new registration DNS name (new masthead requried).

2008 and 2012 (non-R2) cannot use the v10 client.

We need a task to be able to install or update existing clients, 2008 and 2012 (non-R2) to use v10 masthead or we will never be able to get rid of our v9 system.

Ah, I see.
Just download the 9.5 agent from software.bigfix.com and use your new masthead with those.

Or, on the old deployment, use the Masthead Switch task in the BES Support Site. The task descriptions has instructions on where to copy your new masthead to use it for switching clients to the new deployment.

2 Likes

I second the recommendation to use the masthead switch. It works very well in the scenario you’re describing.

1 Like