Using Baseline API Resource requires master operator privilege

I have been using the BigFix API for some time now, and have found it to be very useful. I have used many of the available resources, such as fixlet, analysis, computergroup, action, etc.

When using the API I have always leveraged a non-master operator, taking care to ensure that this operator holds the “Can use REST API” permission. This has always been successful.

However, I have now started to use the baseline resource to GET a specified baseline (by ID), and it appears that this will only work where the operator is a master operator. The API does not return any error when a non-master operator is used, however, it simply returns no data. Yet, when a master operator is used the data is returned.

My non-master operator holds Writer permissions over the custom site in which the baseline exists. With these same permissions it is able to GET fixlets, analyses, etc. without issue.

Does anyone know whether this is a bug, or if this is working as designed? I don’t see anything in the API documentation to state a master operator is required.

Hello,
I access baseline REST API resources using non-master operators and it works without any problems on version 9.5.5.193.
Do you address the baseline correctly? Does your url end like this?
/api/baseline/custom/Apptest/208431
When I call this with GET method, it returns XML of baseline with ID 208431 defined in Custom site Apptest.