Upload files and keep them on the Relay?

Hello, is there a way to upload a file from the client to the relay and keep it on the relay? Since I don’t have access to the BES Server (because of Infrastructure management) but I DO have access to Relays I want to know if there is way to leave a copy of the file being uploaded on the relay. Thanks in advance!

If you “upload” a file it will only transitionally remain on the relay in a directory you can’t reach so there is no automatic way of doing this no.

Thanks for the response!
Actually I can reach the directory, which is “C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Relay\UploadManagerData\BufferDir\sha1” I could have a small app to monitor this folder and grab the file but is not the best approach if exist a way to do it directly on IEM.

Right you could access that but as soon as the relay has uploaded the file it should delete it from that directory

Exactly! I wanted to know if there is a setting or a way to keep that file on the relay.

Not currently no. You’d have to file an RFE

Sorry for the late response but what is an RFE and how can I ask for it? Thanks in advace.

Read about RFE’s, PMR’s and more here:

Can you get access to our software distribution dashboard in the console? You can upload packages for deployment to the server using that dashboard, and the create a corresponding deployment task. That task could be targeted at a relay (with the execution command removed) to force the package/file to be cached on the relay.

What is it that you are trying to do?

Is this to collect diagnostic info?

You could use a secure parameter to have the client run a task that would then cause it to upload the file to anywhere as long as it can reach it using a password you provide for the destination.

Hi All,

Are we having any bigfix utility which can collect the data from bigfix client machine and upload it to realy and keep it there only.

As i dont have the bigfix server access and it is very difficult to catch the data on Relay upload directory uploaded by upload manager.

Thanks…