Upgrading From IBM Endpoint Manager 9.0.787 to BigFix 9.5.2

Hi all …

I have a customer that has an older version of the 9.x release on Linux (it may be 9.0.787 but I am not certain).

What advice would you offer for upgrading to the current release? Would the most prudent way to do this be to uninstall 9.0.787, leave the database as-is and install 9.5.2? Or do I have to upgrade (using the manual method) to 9.2.3 first and then upgrade again to 9.5.2 as is mentioned here?

Also, if any of you faced this scenario, were there any gotchas I need to be aware of?

Thank you!

–Mark

I’m assuming you are talking about upgrading the root server? The context of I have a client is a bit confusing.

I don’t think you want to uninstall. I think the instructions mean you have to upgrade to 9.2.3 then upgrade to 9.5

@jgstew … I changed “client” to “customer” to clarify. Yes, I am asking about upgrading the root server.

–Mark

1 Like

One other clarification please: the post’s title suggests the upgrade will be to 9.2.5, but in the description, you reference 9.5.2 once. To confirm, are you asking about an upgrade to 9.2.5 or 9.5.2?

You can upgrade 9.0.787 directly to 9.2.5, but if you’d like to upgrade to 9.5.2, then you’ll first have to upgrade to 9.2.3.

If you haven’t already seen it, I’d highly recommend reviewing the BigFix Server Upgrade Best Practices:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Upgrading%20Best%20Practices

The following post might also be useful:

1 Like

Hi @Aram

Thanks for catching that - my fat fingers clearly made a typo … twice! I’ve corrected my post. The intent would be to upgrade to the latest release, 9.5.2.

I’ll check out the links you supplied. Thanks for those.

So to sum up, it looks like the upgrade path to 9.5.2 is as follows:

• “Direct” (using a fixlet) from 9.0.787 to 9.2.3.68 (or a higher version in the 9.2.3 stream)
  • “Manual” from 9.2.3.68 to 9.5.2.

Do I have this right?

–Mark