Uninstalling Cylance

I’ve never used the troubleshooter myself.

Digging in to the PowerShell scripts embedded in the archive, it looks like it writes a log named “RPR_Patch_Repair.txt” to your %TEMP% folder. Post the contents of the repair action here and we may be able to determine what the troubleshooter did and reproduce it.

I’m not sure this will be helpful, here is the content of the text file

2022.06.29.11.45.32: Start Logging patch Repair TS
2022.06.29.11.45.39: End Logging patch Cache Repair TS
2022.06.29.11.49.39: Start Logging patch Repair TS
2022.06.29.11.49.45: End Logging patch Cache Repair TS
2022.06.29.16.13.20: Start Logging patch Repair TS
2022.06.29.16.13.27: End Logging patch Cache Repair TS

Hm that doesn’t help much. From the GUI screenshots it looks like there are a couple of places to “Show Details”, do those show anything useful?

At this point we’re looking into the internals of Windows Installer data, a bit outside my area of expertise. You may need to contact Microsoft Support to get more details on what the fix-it solution is doing and how it could be automated .

I will get in touch with Microsoft support; thank you so much for your effort. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for all you do.

I have a PowerShell script I need help putting into action fixlet but it has a YES or NO prompt . How do I create a fixlet to run the script silently without the prompt or have a response switch for the prompt.

Change the PowerShell script to remove the prompt?

The line

$result = $host.ui.PromptForChoice($title, $message, $options, 1)

could probably just change to

$result = 0

(which was the “Yes” answer from the user prompt)

1 Like

Thanks Jason, how do I remove the prompt to press enter, I want it to just run without the prompt.

I don’t have this PowerShell script, and I don’t see this prompt in the screenshot you gave.

I just want the script to run without interaction. I cant past the whole script here. below is the continuation of the script.

I don’t see the prompt in there either…you may need to find someone who knows PowerShell better than I to help.

I want to ask is it possible to Uninstall Cylance without password.

You’d need to ask the product vendor about that.

If they can give you a command line (or a utility, complete with command line) that can do that silently, we can help you convert that to a fixlet.