"Uninstall BES Relay" fixlet needs updating

Title: Uninstall BES Relay
ID: 79304

As of this writing, the fixlet fails on 9.2.6 version relays. This failure is because of the new branding; the fixlet does not match on “IBM BigFix Relay”.

On our installation I forked the fixlet, changing this line:

wait {preceding text of last "%00" of ((value "UninstallString" of key whose ((value "DisplayName" of it = "IBM Endpoint Manager Relay" OR value "DisplayName" of it = "BigFix Enterprise Relay" OR value "DisplayName" of it = "Tivoli Endpoint Manager Relay") and name of it starts with "{") of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of registry) as string) | ((value "UninstallString" of key whose ((value "DisplayName" of it = "IBM Endpoint Manager Relay" OR value "DisplayName" of it = "BigFix Enterprise Relay" OR value "DisplayName" of it = "Tivoli Endpoint Manager Relay") and name of it starts with "{") of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of registry) as string)} RESTARTBESCLIENT=0 /qn

…to…

wait {preceding text of last "%00" of ((value "UninstallString" of key whose ((value "DisplayName" of it = "IBM BigFix Relay" OR value "DisplayName" of it = "IBM Endpoint Manager Relay" OR value "DisplayName" of it = "BigFix Enterprise Relay" OR value "DisplayName" of it = "Tivoli Endpoint Manager Relay") and name of it starts with "{") of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of registry) as string) | ((value "UninstallString" of key whose ((value "DisplayName" of it = "IBM BigFix Relay" OR value "DisplayName" of it = "IBM Endpoint Manager Relay" OR value "DisplayName" of it = "BigFix Enterprise Relay" OR value "DisplayName" of it = "Tivoli Endpoint Manager Relay") and name of it starts with "{") of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of registry) as string)} RESTARTBESCLIENT=0 /qn

…which fixed the issue.

Thanks for the note. I’ll try and get it changed as soon as possible.

1 Like

@AlanM, its still not updated.

Could you please guide me how to update it for removing relay & client v9.2.5.130

Fixlet 328 in BES Support definitely has the correct uninstalls for the Relay. As to the client there isn’t one to my knowledge.

1 Like

Thanks AlanM, I tried one Relay which were having some issue with installed Relay package due to that Uninstall Relay got failed but later applying on some others it got succeeded, Thx.