Transfers files between servers

Hi All,

My scenario,

I have a couple of servers, for example, Server A is where I have some files that I need sent to server B, C, D.
I want to use IEM to gather the files from server A and put on server B, C, D on specific folders. But I want to automate this, on case would be logs generated on the servers B,C,D that will be transfered to one location on server A.
I read about the upload manager to accomplish this, do you have more suggestions and examples?
And more, if I create a baseline line one IEM with servers B,C,D, how I can, using action script, transfer the files from server A tho the baseline?

The servers in fact are AIX and Linux servers.

Hi,
The flow is: BES server download the file when a prefetch line is executed in some endpoint. The downloaded file will be stored in a specific folder ( inside BES server). Then the files ( now in Sha format) is uploaded to the relay server, under sha folder too. Then the file will be uploaded to the endpoint.
So, if you run the action were use prefetch and the BES server can not download it due some limitation, you can just manually save the sha file under BES server or under Relay server (under sha folder). Then BES will “think” that the file was already downloaded and will send to the endpoint… At this point you can create a parallel script on BES or Relay server.
To allow your BES server to get the external files you need to open the firewall ports ( if exist this limitation ) and also add the download URL under whitlist file ( under BES Server ).

You can retrieve couples lines from the endpoint by analysis object. The Analysis allow you to read data from some file and show you on WebReport or under IEM console… But this works if you do not have too many strings to read… I guess that exist a limitation on this string size.
Or you can retrieve data from endpoint like the Upload Manager task does… The file will be stored under BES server. But it is not so easy to find those files… so an additional script is needed to locate those uploaded files and store in a different path/server.
If you like to understand the upload Manager , check his relevance language ( action script) and then locate the “EPR” section… this is simple and show how to get the patch file report from endpoint.

tks

One issue with what you are attempting is that the operations technically have to be done on different endpoints.

Using the upload manager needs to happen on the endpoints that have the files that need to be transferred to another location.

Once these are uploaded using the upload manager, they will be available on the root server itself.

But then you want to download these files to another place. This would require the files be moved on the root server to somewhere to make them available for download and then actually do the download on the destination servers.

Alternatively you might be able to have an action that runs on the root server that detects that files came in that need to go elsewhere and automatically push it to the final destination somehow. Ideally the files would be named in a very particular way so that it knows this should happen and wouldn’t do it to all files uploaded using the upload manager.