Tip: BFI "Remote Shared Disks" listing via session relevance

I’m stuck on BFI 9.2.11 (due to SQL 2016 back-end), so I cannot yet use the automated Remote Disk scans to inventory my NFS-mounted filesystems.

The instructions at https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSKLLW_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.inventory.doc/Inventory/planinconf/t_collecting_data_shared_disks.html detail using the BES Console to list the results of the “Shared Disk Information” Analysis, copy/pasting the mount information, and editing it with a text editor to trim it down to just the remote mount point such as “192.0.2.21:/file_server/shared”. This needs to be repeated for each client OS that accesses the mount point (as the Software Catalog that is used during a scan is based on the client OS).

As I have several hundred NFS mount points, with different configurations across my environments, that is very likely to be error-prone. I thought I’d share some Session Relevance to list each unique operating system / mount point result:

q: unique values of (item 0 of it & " - " & item 1 of it) of ((if it starts with "Linux" then "Linux" else if it starts with "AIX" then "AIX" else if it starts with "Win" then "Windows" else it) of ( operating system of computer of it) , preceding texts of firsts ";" of following texts of firsts ";" of  values of it as trimmed string ) of results of properties whose (name of it = "Remote Shared Disks") of fixlets whose (analysis flag of it and name of it = "Shared Disk Information") of bes sites whose (name of it = "IBM Endpoint Manager for Software Use Analysis")
A: AIX - server1:/data/export1
A: Linux - server1:/data/export1
A: Linux - server2:/data/export2
A: Linux - server1:/home/UID/HOME_VOL_1

Hope this is helpful to someone else.

3 Likes