Time zone analysis

Hi Everyone,

I’d like to create an analysis that will list out the time zone of a target group of computers. We have computers in a few different countries and having a simple analysis that shows Computer Name & Time Zone in two columns would be really convenient. I don’t understand how to create the query though. Can someone please help me?

I have this:
Computer Name & " " & (date (local time zone) of it) of now as String
This query returns a result in a single column with the Computer Name, day, date, Month, Year

How could I get output for example like this…?
Computer Name, (UTC+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney)

Thanks in advance

Hello adk,

Q: properties whose (it as string contains "time zone")
A: date <time zone> of <time>: date
A: universal time zone: time zone
A: local time zone: time zone
A: time zone <string>: time zone

q: local time zone
A: -0400
I: singular time zone

In an analysis, the computer name is already a field, so I would recommend just pulling the Time zone into the property.

If you really want to concatenate it, you might try

q: computer name & " " & local time zone as string
A: IBM2017WIN7 -0400

I don’t see a way to get the City Names or the 3 letter zone code from relevance directly, although you can go “the other direction”

q: time zone "EDT"
A: -0400

q: time zone "EST"
A: -0500
1 Like

Hi @adk9,

As brolly suggested you can go with one of the option which he has explained or you have to Execute Task and pull the information using Analysis.
For Example:-1:

Create a task -> Action script -> systeminfo | findstr /C:”Time Zone” > C:\timezone.txt

From Analysis pull the output
line of file “C:\timezone.txt”

Regards,
Manish Singh

2 Likes

If you are Windows specific you might be able to scrape this little bit more from the registry

q: value "TimeZoneKeyName" of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation" of native registry
A: Eastern Standard Time
5 Likes

thank you both very much. I’ll have a play with your responses and report back