The BES Client service terminated unexpectedly

BES Client is terminating for multplie client computers (OS version Windows 7, 8 and 10)

below is System Event viewer log -
Error 6/9/2017 2:50:53 PM Service Control Manager 7031 None The BES Client service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 19 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

BES Log

MFE: advicelist index too big in EasyBackgroundReceiver::Start
13:42:03 -0700 - actionsite (http://xxxxxxx.xx.xxx:52311/cgi-bin/bfgather.exe/actionsite)
Background Advice Evaluation::StartFileLoop exception making problematic of Fixlet 5532886.fxf

how to fix this problem

Find the 5532886.fxf fixlet. Copy the relevance from it into fixlet debugger on a machine on which you see the issue. Does it evaluate properly? If not, clean up the relevance so it does work, then update the fixlet itself. Alternatively, if the fixlet is old or unused, delete it.

If it does evaluate properly in debugger, open a PMR with IBM.

I have seen similar issues in my environment, but only with POSReady 7 on IBM register hardware. I have a long-running PMR open on the subject. The same machines work perfect on 9.2.x clients, but have issues on any 9.5.x version.

Are you seeing event ID 1000 with a description that includes BESClient in the event logs of your machines? I use an analysis to gauge error activity. (Adjust for your client version as needed.)

number of records whose (event id of it = 1000 AND description of it as string contains “BESClient.exe, version: 9.5.5” AND (time written of it > (now - time interval “1 day”))) of application event log

1 Like