Systems stopped checking in have been "GRAYED" out

Hello,

I have a handful of system in the same domain that all last reported 5/5/2018 and I am currently trying to push May patches to these systems but cant get them to report into BigFix. I have remoted into the system and restarted the BES client and still no luck. The relay that they are reporting to just gives me the generic port that it should report to 52311. Any ideas on what issue this could be and how to fix this issue?

Thank you!

Can you telnet to port 52311 on the relay the system is supposed to connect to?

I am wondering if a gpo for that domain was put in place for the firewall configuration.

I have not tried that yet i was able to ping the url that is associated with the port and then also did a tracert. So you think it could be a GPO setting that is blocking this communication? It was communicating before 5/5/18…so maybe a change was made after that.

ICMP is not usually blocked, so ping would probably still work. Try telnet to 52311 and see what happens

Okay I will try that and let you know if this helps thank you!

Start with the basics:

1. do all of the failing clients share some characteristic? Same relay, same subnet, something like that?
  2. are other clients on the same relay/subnet reporting successfully?
  3. what errors show in the client log?
  4. what errors show in the relay log?

Nothing said so far points to a network traffic problem. These questions can help narrow it down.

Very true. I will take note of these and reply back with my findings. Thank you sir