Store Power Data Utility Fixlet Update Failing

Hi,

My Power Management Health check shows that I need an update to Store Power Data Utility. I ran the fixlet, and everything downloaded to the bes server, but the fixlet is failing. Tried rebooting. Didn’t change. Any advice?

Everything in the Action Script Execution Script Detail shows like it is Completed too.

Thanks!

Lesley

So, digging into this a little deeper today, turns out that the fixlet relevance for “Update Store Power Data Utility” hard-codes the BESAggregator.xml to reference the sha1 value in the C drive. We have BES installed on the E drive. When I switched the xml to E:, the fixlet showed as “Fixed” and the server wasn’t relevant anymore for the Update fixlet.

What is the best channel to report this to IBM as it could cause confusion?

Thanks!

2 Likes

The forum is a good start.

The next thing to do is to file a PMR about this: How to ask for IBM product help: PMRs, RFEs, and more

If I knew the correct IBMer’s to CC on this issue, that would be another option.

I would imagine that you may run into other cases where having the root server installed on a drive other than C may cause issues, even though it should be a reasonable configuration.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! Always appreciate it!

1 Like

You are very welcome.

It might also make sense to file an RFE asking for IBM to keep in mind the root server installed on a non-root drive for all of it’s root server related content in general.

1 Like