Stopping action remotely and securely

Has anyone developed anything related to stopping any bigfix action using given action ID remotely but not exposing MO id and password.

Not sure about your question, you can use the Bigfix console, the WebUI, or the REST API to to it. Can you please explain where is the MO credentials exposure in your scenario ?

You do not necessarily need MO privileges in order to stop actions. With v9.5.5+, you can configure operators to be able to stop other operators’ actions (assuming the same computer mgmt rights). Please see https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/9.5/platform/Platform/Console/c_adding_local_operators.html for more information.

Given this, one potential option is to have a non-master operator with the ‘Stop Other Operators’ Actions’ set to ‘Yes’, and assuming it has the same computer mgmt rights (or a superset), then its credentials can be used remotely via REST API rather than a MO. Additionally, this non-master operators doesn’t even need to be able to deploy actions (i.e. ‘Can Create Actions’ can be set to ‘No’, and it will still be able to stop other operators’ actions).

@Aram yes we are already using this option but the action which are being initiated with MO operator like automation plan’s action NMO are not able to stop them.

However as of workaround I have created a task using REST API that will be doing the job.

I see. So, yes, this feature/capability is specifically for non-master operators. Actions deployed by MOs can only be stopped by other MOs by design.