Software Distribution - what is meaning of "Use Relative Path" for Add Files

Hi. Been searching, but do not find.

Almost, I think in a PDF: ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/tivoli/IEM/9.5/Lifecycle/BigFix_Lifecycle_SWD_User_Guide.pdf

But still cannot find an explanation for “Use Relative Path” in this dialog. Likely, I may never want to use it, but I would still like to know what it is for.

It’s in page 25 of the PDF, or if you want view the web version of the doc: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS63NW_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.lifecycle.doc/Lifecycle/SWD_Users_Guide/c_edit_a_package_or_fixlet.html

Click Use Relative Path if you want to add the files into a specific folder of the package, and then enter the folder directory. For example, you must enter InstallPackage/Languages if you want to add another language file to your package with the following structure: 
InstallPackage
		- install.exe (file)
		- Languages (folder)
			- jpn.srt (file)
			- eng.rt (file)
		- Cache (folder)

Basically just a different way of organizing the files in your package.

1 Like

Thanks. I read over that. I’ll have to play around with it. Only had an error message I do not recall. For installp sub-directories are not exciting.

Ah yes: error message. Trying to use “Create Default Task” only works with, or without relative path. Not to worry - as BigFix does not recognize installp (bff) format, so it cannot create the default task anyway.

So, short answer: thanks!