Software distribution,Uploading Files problem

edition: v9.2
server os : win server 2012R2
when create new package , upload file, the status is alwasy “file is being uploaded to server”, so I cannot do next steps.
what is the problem, thanks very muck

I’d suggest reviewing the following link:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Software%20Distribution%20-%20FAQ?section=filesupload

If you continue to have trouble, then you should consider opening a PMR:

1 Like

aram,you are so kind, thank you very much

c. If you do not see this process running, ensure that the “BES Plugin service” and the “Upload Maintenance Service” are installed. The installation tasks for these two services can be found in Systems Lifecycle > Software Distribution > Setup > Install Server Tools.

yes,I do not install the “BES Plugin service”, but the server does not connect to internet ,so how can I install the service

Ah, in this case, you’ll have to leverage the AirGap process. Assuming you’ve already transferred the Fixlet content, the Download Cacher utility can assist in caching the necessary files for the BES Plugin Service (or any other Fixlet):

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS6MER_9.2.0/com.ibm.tivoli.tem.doc_9.2/Platform/Config/c_step_3__transferring_downloade.html?lang=en

1 Like

Thank you aram, It works.

Another question, if I want to run a reg file to modify the client regedit… How can I know the action really successful… when I use the Wizard-windows registry wizard…-actons, how to specify the “custom success criteria”

The content of my reg file as follows:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Positive\Clock\Setup]
“EODTime”="23:59"
“SODTime”=“23:59”

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Positive\Office\CashOffice]
“AutoEODTime”=“23:59"
“AutoSODTime”=”"

It works well, Thank you!!!

(not exists value “EODTime” whose (it as string = “23:59”) of keys “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Positive\Clock\Setup” of registry) OR (not exists value “SODTime” whose (it as string = “23:59”) of keys “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Positive\Clock\Setup” of registry) OR (not exists value “AutoEODTime” whose (it as string = “23:59”) of keys “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Positive\Office\CashOffice” of registry) OR (not exists value “AutoSODTime” whose (it as string = “”) of keys “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Positive\Office\CashOffice” of registry)

hi,aram, anther question

what is the network requirements of server and client
I know the requirements as follows:
Both clients and server open port 52311, bidirectionally for TCP/UDP.

Anything else
Thank you

ICMP from clients to relays is needed for Automatic Relay Selection, otherwise it is just port 52311.

Technically it is not bidirectional 52311, but that would work as well. Clients (and relays) should accept UDP over 52311, while relays & the root server should accept TCP over 52311.

Hardware firewalls should allow 52311 UDP/TCP bidirectionally.

Related: Urgent, what is the network requirements for IEM server and client