Software Detection Relevance Wizard?

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

After performing the same task to many times to count, we figured we would put a request in for a, in our opinion, much needed feature.

When building a software install using the wizards, wouldn’t it be fancy if we were also given a handy analysis to detect said software after it is installed? I have to admit this is being driven by my own needs - coming up with relevance to detect said software is sometimes tricky.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

I am certainly not promising anything, but just wanted to say that our new and upcoming release of BigFix Software Distribution will have some cool features that you will like…

Ben

(imported comment written by JackCoates91)

Hi,

we’ve just released the new Software Distribution tool referenced above. Please see the forum post here: http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?pid=27181#27181

For MSI packages, we’ll produce Fixlet relevance that detects if that package is already installed to prevent re-applications. That relevance is easily modified if you’d like to get more or less stringent, add requirements, &c.

thanks,

Jack

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

I put in for the license seconds after the email hit my inbox. Just waiting on it to test out the new goodies. Thanks!