Software Deployment - Remote Administrator

(imported topic written by nicholas.williams91)

Hi,

We use an application here called remote administrator to make remote console connections to servers and desktops. I’m trying to use the software deployment wizard to push out the .msi file and and an .mst file containing customised settings for our site. When just using the .msi file the task deploys and installs fine but obviously without any customisations.

When i add the .mst file and use the transform switch, the task marks as complete but does not actually install anything on the target… The command in the action script is below, can anyone seee anything wrong?

wait “{pathname of system folder & “\msiexec”}” /i “{(pathname of client folder of current site) & “__Download\rserv30.msi”}” /t “{(pathname of client folder of current site) & “_Download\radmin.mst”}” /qn /norestart

Thanks in advance

Nicholas Williams

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Perhaps you forgot the second “_” for the “__Download” towards the end of your action?

Try this:

wait “{pathname of system folder & “\msiexec”}” /i “{(pathname of client folder of current site) & “__Download\rserv30.msi”}” /t “{(pathname of client folder of current site) & “__Download\radmin.mst”}” /qn /norestart

Ben

(imported comment written by nicholas.williams91)

Hi,

Seems to have made some progress (the _ was missing), although it still doesn’t appear to be loading the options from the transform file. It just seems to be the default msi install. I’ve gone through the instructions from the software manufacturer shown below;

http://www.radmin.com/support/guides/radmin30_network_installation_mst_making.php

and running the command manually works. Any further ideas?

Thanks

Nicholas

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Nicholas,

I’m assuming you made sure you downloaded both the MSI as well as the MST to the client.

Try using “TRANSFORMS=” and see if that makes any difference.

wait “{pathname of system folder & “\msiexec”}” /i “{(pathname of client folder of current site) & “__Download\rserv30.msi”}” TRANSFORMS="{(pathname of client folder of current site) & “__Download\radmin.mst”}" /qn /norestart

-Paul

(imported comment written by nicholas.williams91)

Thanks, works a treat…

(imported comment written by saravanan@safezone91)

Hi Everybody,

I am Saravanan. Is any body know the silent (unattended) installation for msoffice XP through Bigfix on software distribution.

Saravanan.