SOAP UI and Custom BigFix report

How can I invoke a BIG FIX report from SOAP UI?
I read about all the relavance inspectors. But didn’t have any luck. Any help is truly appreciated, since I need the answers urgently.
Thanks

Are you asking if it’s possible to call a BigFix report in Web Reports by using the SOAP API? If so, the answer is no. You can find the full SOAP API documentation here, but the only methods available are related to executing session relevance queries, creating Web Reports users, and modifying shared variables. I hope this helps.

Thanks!
Josh

1 Like

Josh,
Thank you. I added excel add on for Big Fix. Is there a way to call the Web reports from the Add-on or Generate XML to be used in the relevance expressions inside the SOAP UI.
I will read the documentation.
Thanks

Josh, Thank you. When we try to execute a query from Excel ADD-on, it times out. is there a way to prevent this from happening?
Thanks

I haven’t used the excel connector in a few years, but I don’t remember having any timeout issues when I was using it. If you’ve ensured you have it configured correctly for your environment (IP, port, username/password) and that no firewall is blocking your connection then the only thing I’d consider off-hand is the version of Office you’re using. As far as I know, Office 2010 is the latest “tested and approved” version for that tool (see official documentation here).

I would also suggest taking a look at the BES SOAP API Tester if your goal is to use SOAP to execute relevance queries.

Thanks!
Josh

1 Like

Thank you Josh. I was able to resolve the time-out issue. I just needed to uncheck the timeout box.

I am trying to use the relevance code generated in the excel inside the SOAP UI to get the same results.

I get the following error.

“XML Parsing error. expected end of tag 'none” Line 20.

Is there a document that tells us how to use the Relevance code inside the SOAP UI?
Thanks

You probably want to use the GetRelevanceResult method. The XML structure of both the request and response are well-documented here.