Site Gather Errors

Has anybody seen these errors?

Relay Log on Relays

Tue, 8 Nov 10:06:20 -0700 – Unexpected exception during gather of
site BES Inventory and License: class NoAuthorizedSignature (class
CertificateNotAuthorizedToPublish)
Tue, 8 Nov 2015 11:09:18 -0700 – Unexpected exception during gather of site SANS Top Vulnerabilities to Windows Systems: class NoAuthorizedSignature (class CertificateNotAuthorizedToPublish)
Tue, 8 Nov 2015 11:09:25 -0700 – Unexpected exception during gather of
site BES Inventory and License: class NoAuthorizedSignature (class
CertificateNotAuthorizedToPublish)

GatherDB.log on Server

Mon, 09 Nov 2015 16:42:37 -0800 – Import of version 428 of site Patching Support completed successfully
Mon, 09 Nov 2015 16:44:19 -0800 – Unexpected exception during gather of site SANS Top Vulnerabilities to Windows Systems: class NoAuthorizedSignature (class CertificateNotAuthorizedToPublish)
Mon, 09 Nov 2015 16:44:25 -0800 – Unexpected exception during gather of site BES Inventory and License: class NoAuthorizedSignature (class CertificateNotAuthorizedToPublish)

What we have tried so far:

• Deleting the site removes the errors from the gatherdb.log but they still remain on the relays.
  • Re-enabling the site and hitting a manual Gather results in the site showing up in the console but no content is gathered and the Computer Subscriptions Tab’s radio buttons are all greyed out. This is what it says on the front of the Site:

No clients are subscribed to this site, but IBM Endpoint Manager will continue to maintain an up-to-date version of the site in the database.

Not all information about the site is available yet. The options of the Subscriptions panel will be enabled as soon as the latest site information is available.

Any ideas?

1 Like

When you removed the site, did you restart the relays as well? I would assume the relays are showing the errors because they didn’t get the updated information about the deployment.

I wonder if this is related: Gather status keeps failing

This seems interesting: 9.2 Patch 6 for IBM BigFix Platform

The suggestion was to use the AirGap tool on a server that is NOT air-gapped to help resolve issues like this. This probably doesn’t apply if the root server has the right stuff and it is only the relays with the problem, but it was an interesting suggestion that might be a better way to try to resolve issues like this on the root.

Did you happen to enable Enhanced Security in the BigFix Administration Tool?

Enhanced Security Information:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSKLLW_9.2.0/com.ibm.tivoli.tem.doc_9.2/Platform/Adm/c_security_settings.html

1 Like

Hi Jeremy,

Unfortunately, nope, we do not have Enhanced Security turned on.

We have a PMR open for this and some additional help. Hopefully, a solution soon and we’ll let folks know.

Thanks

@jmaple

Yep, we tried that. After some troubleshooting with support, the issue is looking to be a bit more complex and tied into a Gather issue(s) which IBM is looking into.

Any luck with this? Because we are having the same exact issue. And it is right in front of our customer. It’s really making the product look bad. I wish this was a closed ticket we could learn from.

1 Like

Hi There -

We were able to fix this/get rid of this error by following the directions in here:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21697473

Our situation was a bit more complicated and L3 support had us remove all of bfsites, backup the .xml files, and we ran some command line stuff for the custom and operator sites on the main server. I don’t think you will have to do that much but in case you do, I suggest contacting support.

We are in the process of cleaning up the relays so they stop throwing errors for sites no longer subscribed to/in existence on the main server (a warning - the fixlet for the Windows Server does not work as it stops the besclient service… so I modified that on my own):
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21668058

Thanks! I will test this out during our next outage window I can get.