Simple date format question

I am using Bigfix Maintenance analysis to support maintenance windows.

I want to provide a way for users to decide they want to be in the maintenance windows ‘now’, and not wait for it to be otherwise true.

The simplest way i can see is to re-write the client setting for Maintenance parameters, and make it a one time window. This is not a real issue as we run two maintenance windows a month and reset them in between anyway.

I need some help formatting the “MaintenanceWindow_StartTime” i want to use “{now}” but it includes the time zone offset which causes the Maintenance Analysis to ‘error’

setting “MaintenanceWindow_StartTime”="{now}" on “{parameter “action issue date” of action}” for client

Command succeeded setting “MaintenanceWindow_StartTime”=“Mon, 16 Sep 2019 11:49:22 -0400” on “Mon, 16 Sep 2019 11:49:22 -0400” for client (action:47135)

I need the time stamp to be: “Mon, 16 Sep 2019 11:49:22” and not include the " -0400" on the end

If this was unix or other languages i would not have much of an issue with awk/sed or even native date formatting but i really am stuck on how to parse output of ‘now’ or build a new one from scratch in the correct format as part of a bigfix task.

Thank you

I’ll throw this out there, but someone may have a better way to do this.

q: preceding texts of last " " of it of (now as string)
A: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 14:41:56

That absolutely worked, it is a lot prettier than the tuple way i was looking at.

setting “MaintenanceWindow_StartTime”="{preceding texts of last " " of it of (now as string)}" on “{now}” for client

Command succeeded setting “MaintenanceWindow_StartTime”=“Mon, 16 Sep 2019 21:39:58” on “Mon, 16 Sep 2019 21:39:58 -0400” for client (action:47529)

Thank you