Simple copy file from server1 unc path to server2 unc path - just fails all the time?

Hi,

not sure if I just doing something completely wrong but I have a simple copy request from a source to destination which just always fails. The only thing what is work (completed) is the delete command:

**** My script ****

// if exist delete
delete "c:\temp\InstallTA_WinServer,msi"
delete “c:\temp\InstallTA_WinServerInstallBatch.bat”

// copy sources
copy “\server001\InstallTA_WinServer.msi” "c:\Temp\InstallTA_WinServer,msi"
copy “\server001\InstallTA_WinServerInstallBatch.bat” “c:\Temp\InstallTA_WinServerInstallBatch.bat”

// execute after copy
waithidden “c:\Temp\InstallTA_WinServerBatch.bat”

// delete after setup
delete "c:\temp\InstallTA_WinServer,msi"
delete “c:\temp\InstallTA_WinServerBatch.bat”

I also tried it with another file from other servers to other destination etc. It fails as well.
Otherwise our BigFix Infrastructure works just well.

thank you for any help!

The reason this is failing is likely due to permissions given the fact that the Client service runs as LOCAL SYSTEM.

See Copy file from network share to client Downloads folder and Copy the file from one location to network drive for more context, as well as some suggested approaches.

Ultimately, in such cases, it’s usually best to have the installation packages available on a web server (including for instance the Root Server itself), and downloaded via prefetch.

You might also consider leveraging the Software Distribution capabilities of BigFix to simplify the workflow and management, as well as provide a lot of useful features: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Software%20Distribution