Show state of own task write in shell in BF console

Hello,

I am trying write my own tasks over shell (ksh93). Script is correct, doing what I want but I have a problem get info back to console about its ending status like task finished with error or not or It’s finished.

In console I only see status “Evaluating”. I thought that from exit value from script it evaluate state of task. But, all time showing only Evaluate. How can I get back info from task which is write over shell to BF console?

“Evaluating” implies the action has not yet executed.

I’d check the target’s Actions summary tab to see if there is another action still running. The client will only run one action at a time, so if a previous action is stuck (perhaps waiting on a user input that it cannot display), no subsequent actions will execute.

Ok, thank you for your advice. My problem was at incorrect script which failed during launch of commands. If script is right I get status “Completely” after its finish. This situation is better but not exactly what I want.

How can I reasonable rewrite shell script with more functions and values into the BigFix Action Script?

I know only way to write script like file with “createfile until MYENF MYEND” and after that use “wait sh script.sh” but is possible rewrite function into separate BF Action Script blocks?

Or some tutorial for using BF Action Script in Unix filesystems exists somewhere or only way is learning from task for specific OS?

Thank you for all advices.