Session Relevance - Installed Applications - Windows - Creating Report that contains the Application and it's Count

Hi,

I would like to create a report that will show the following table:

APPLICATION NAME || COUNT ON ALL WINDOWS COMPUTERS
Adobe Reader … || 100
Microsoft Office … || 111

My Though process:

1. Use the Property “Installed Applications - Windows”
  2. Retrieve that property from all of the computers and filter out all of the Empty Results
  3. From the list on the previous clause, filter the unique values
  4. Foreach Unique value Get the count of its Installed Application

I thought that this statement would help:

(it, (values of results of bes property “Installed Applications - Windows”) whose it equals it) of (unique values of values whose (not (it equals “”)) of results of bes property “Installed Applications - Windows”)

But I receive error: boolean expression is required with the BigFix Session Relevance Tester
I know that the error “boolean expression is required” means that
"This error message is produced when a statement requires a boolean value to
evaluate, but instead the receives a different type."

Please Help my brain is fried lol

1 Like

‘unique values’ already has a property you can use to count the number of each value - the ‘multiplicity’ of a result. Try

(it, multiplicity of it) of unique values of values of results of bes properties whose (name of it = "Installed Applications - Windows" and name of source analysis of it = "Application Information (Windows)" and name of site of source analysis of it = "BES Inventory and License")

That will return each unique value of the results, which includes the application name and version. If you just want counts of each application without the version (collapsing all versions of Application X into one result), you could use

(it, multiplicity of it) of unique values of preceding texts of lasts "|" of values of results of bes properties whose (name of it = "Installed Applications - Windows" and name of source analysis of it = "Application Information (Windows)" and name of site of source analysis of it = "BES Inventory and License")

1 Like